We will conclude our study of Ishmael by debriefing the key ideas of the book and brain storming some of the issues that we perceive as challenges to our communities in the coming years. Although the focus of the week will be demonstrating our knowledge of the message of the novel, we will also be using our time together to begin to transition towards identifying and understanding attributes and impediments in building and maintaining whole communities.
Some Essential Questions that we will tackle:
- How has our sense of place as a species influence our interactions with the living world?
- How do we identify challenges that face our community?
- Finish Ishmael
- Debrief the main ideas of the novel
- Identify types of communities
- Brainstorm challenges that our communities face